6. The demand ______ will cause an incredible expansion of country.
A. for being housed B. to be housed
C. to house D. for housing
7. Henry's business is much worse than before, therefore, he has to ______ the expense of his corporation.
A. cut down B. cut in C. cut off D. cut into
8. She could have done just as well as you, ______ the chance.
A. given B. to give C. giving D. give
9. In the west of China, people plant rows of trees to prevent the wind ______ the earth away.
A. to bow B. blows C. blowing D. blew
10. Large numbers of state-run preschools were expediently closed down during the 1990s economic reform and in their stead, a variety of for-profit private preschools sprung ______ across the country.
A. in B. uр C. out D. by